Re: It may need to rename file "/lib/ldap.h"

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:41:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Song Ma wrote:

> In some system the name of "ldap.h" is the name of system LDAP library's
> header file name. Besides it is also the library header file name for
> OpenLDAP under "/include". To name a application header file as same as the
> system include header file can cause some very strange compile error. We've
> encountered such one problem. I suggest we give a new name to the file for
> example "curl_ldap.h". It is more specific and clear. What's your idea?

For this kind of development, I suggest using the curl-library mailing list
instead.

Regarding the actual topic: I agree that using the same name is troublesome if
we need to use both within our code, but we always only include our header and
we use quotes (") for the include and we use -I to set the include path. So
how and on what platforms is this actually causing a problem?