Re: cURL installation on 64 bit linux m/c

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 22:23:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Chris Shah wrote:

> What is the right cURL installable to use for a 64 bit RHEL 4U4 m/c ? I
> tried Redhat RHEL4 x86_64 from the download page

There is no rights or wrongs really. We (in the curl project) release curl as
source code. Lots of projects, companies and persons build binary versions and
create packages that they host and provide to the community. We try to help by
pointing out a large amount of packages from our download page.

You need to decide if any of those packages are good for you, or if you'd
rather should build the package yourself. Building yourself is easy.

If you have doubts or questions about a particular binary curl package, you
should rather contact the person or company who provided that package than
asking us.