New to Curkl

From: Woody Gingery <Wgingery_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 07:53:31 -0400

I am new to the Curl tool and have a question regarding sending a Gzip'ed
file via Curl. We have a Perl script that calls Curl to send a file via the
HTTPS protocol. The -F forms options is used to specify various options
(userid, password, file name, etc). However, the file is very large and we
would like to send it zipped. Once we zipped it, the receiver could not
open the file. What is the proper option and syntax to specify the file has been gzip'ed?

Thanks...