Re: libcurl FTP Quote Option

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:12:19 -0700

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007 at 02:45:08PM -0400, Steve Smith wrote:
> Hello. Although the documentation covers this pretty well, I can't get FTP
> quoting to work. Here's a simple session that tries quoting the FTP command
> 'bin':
[...]
> > bin
> * FTP 0xadf00 state change from STOP to QUOTE
> < 502 Command not implemented.

Looks like quoting worked fine--curl sent the command 'bin' just like you
asked. You probably didn't want to send 'bin', though; if you want to
emulate what the 'bin' command does in the ftp command-line client, you
need to enable debugging (with the 'debug' command) then see what the
client is actually sending to the server. In this case, you'll see the
command 'TYPE I' being sent. But curl sends that by default, anyway, so
this is a null exercise. What you you trying to accomplish with this
command?

>>> Dan