Re: configure error - libs missing , not availible

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 22:48:29 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Charlie Reddington wrote:

> Perhaps someone can put this into human readable terms for me. I'm running a
> compile from source, of curl 7.16.1, with these arguments.
>
> ./configure --enable-Largefile --with-zlib=/usr/include/

The --with-XXX=[PATH] options want the prefix path for the libs, not the
include path. You should thus use --with-zlib=/usr, or perhaps even just
--with-zlib to just let it scan the default path (which most probably include
/usr).

> --with-gssapi=/usr/include/gssapi/ --with-gssapi-libs=/usr/lib64/

Does it find the gssapi files with this? lib64 you say here. Is this a 64bit
lib? What about the other libs?

> My compile is failing with these last few lines.
>
> checking run-time libs availability... failed
> configure: error: one or more libs available at link-time are not available
> run-time. Libs used at link-time: -ldl

That looks weird. Have you checked config.log to see the exact error case that
failed?