Re: SSH private keys

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:25:10 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> The curl command-line is missing options to set SSH private and public keys
> for use with SFTP and SCP transfers. I propose to add a new option
> --pubkey <file> to set the public key file name, and reuse the existing
> --key <file> option to set the private key file name. The latter option is
> currently used for setting a SSL private key file name, but since SCP/SFTP
> and SSL can't coexist, this doesn't seem to cause a conflict. Any
> objections?

Sounds good to me!

> On another note, what is the status of SCP transfers? I haven't been able
> to make them work, but I recall this was a known problem at some point.

They work fine for me, using passwd auth (obviously). The URL has to be a
little "funny" by URL standards (if you ask me).

I can get a testfile from the $HOME/tmp directory of my own box using a
command line like:

   curl -v scp://[name]:[password]@localhost/~/tmp/testfile

(using a recent libssh2 from CVS)