RE: Procedure entry point could not be located

From: Titus Roth <Titus.Roth_at_surfcontrol.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:49:14 -0700

I have an answer, which I leave here to posterity and to save future
users grief.

Windows has its own version of libeay32.dll in WINDOWS\system32 which
gets loaded instead of the version I downloaded from this site.

>Tim Lennon wrote:

>> I just downloaded curl-7.15.3-win32-ssl.zip. When I
>> try to run the program I receive the following error:
>> The procedure entry point CRYPTO_cleanup_all_ex_data
>> could not be located in the dynamic link library
>> libeay32.dll

>> Hope someone can let me know what I'm doing wrong or
>> what file(s) I'm missing.

>I didn't see an answer to this question, but if some kind soul has
>encountered this problem, I have a very similar one. It complains that
it >can't find EVP_idea_cbc. I ran dependency walker on the
libeay32.dll and >it did show that entry point exported. The DLL is
also in my path.

>What else could be the cause?

Get the latest news on SurfControl and our products,
subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter, SurfAdvisory at:
http://www.surfcontrol.com/resources/surfadvisory/surfadvisory_signup.aspx

email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
unlawful. If you believe that you have received this email in error,
please contact the sender.
SurfControl Inc.
5550 Scotts Valley Drive
Scotts Valley, California 95066