curl: (18) transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining

From: Steven Lacroix <sjlacroix_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:38:22 -0700 (PDT)

I ran into a problem (perhaps bug) when doing a post
to a internal web server using the command line tool.
No data is being returned when posting a large amount
of data (See config). As soon as I make the post data
slightly shorter, the data returns just fine. What is
weird is that if I try and do the same post to say
google.com, data is returned just fine.

I believe it to be that the server is returning
"Transfer-Encoding: chunked". Isn't that only
supported for uploads only? Shouldn't the server not
send chunked back?

CONFIG
------------------
max-time = 30
data =
"xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
connect-timeout = 30
url = http://172.16.1.40
header = "Content-Type: text/xml; charset=ISO-8859-1"
header = "Content-Length: 1025"
verbose

OUTPUT
---------------------------

C:\curl-7.16.0\curl.exe
* About to connect() to 172.16.1.40 port 80 (#0)
* Trying 172.16.1.40... connected
* Connected to 172.16.1.40 (172.16.1.40) port 80 (#0)
> POST / HTTP/1.1
> Expect: 100-continue

< HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
< Server: WebSphere Application Server/6.0
< HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
< Server: WebSphere Application Server/6.0
< Transfer-Encoding: chunked
* transfer closed with outstanding read data remaining
curl: (18) transfer closed with outstanding read data
remaining
* Closing connection #0

Help please...

TV dinner still cooling?