Re: Newbie question

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 11:45:07 -0700

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 01:23:00PM -0500, Jason Swaim (TIDAL) wrote:
>                 New to curl and would like to know why I cannot get curl to
> recognize ?o or if I am going about it the wrong way.
>

> What I am trying to do is to download a file using a https URL. I have SSL curl
> installed. I attempt the following: curl ?o c:\temp\file.txt URL but this does
> not work. I checked the man and am not sure about exact syntax. Please advise.

"Does not work" is pretty vague. What exactly happens? The syntax you show
is correct ( assuming you're actually using an ASCII 0x2D for the dash and
not the UNICODE character you sent in your e-mail). Does c:\temp exist? Do
you have write permission there? Are you using correct URL syntax? Does
your curl support the protocol you're using? Do you have the correct SSL
libraries installed? Do you have the CA cert bundle installed and is the
SSL certificate signer included? Posting the actual error message from
curl and the actual command line you're using will answer most if not
all of these questions. Adding -v to the command line will give even
more information.

>>> Dan