re-using connection with authentication

From: Sigrid Thijs <sigrid.thijs_at_androme.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:13:09 +0100

Hi,

we recently upgraded our client to libcurl version 7.16.0 (win32) and
have now a problem while re-using a connection.

The following happens:
- The client posts a HTTP request (without body)
- The client receives a 401 response from the server
- The client re-posts the HTTP request containing authorization and body
- A 200 OK response is received
- The client posts a new HTTP request (reuses the connection), with
authorization but without body
- As a result of this the server sends a 400 Bad Request response

Do you have any idea why the body is not included in the last request
sent by the client? Because the request contains the authorization it
does not make any sense to send a HTTP request without the body.

We use HTTP Digest authentication, the following options are set:
CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, CURLOPT_FILE, CURLOPT_PRIVATE, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER
CURLOPT_URL, CURLOPT_HTTPAUTH, CURLOPT_USERPWD, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,
CURLOPT_POSTFIELDSIZE, CURLOPT_CAPATH

kind regards,

Sigrid