lists of files to fetch

From: BuraphaLinux Server <buraphalinuxserver_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 17:01:25 +0700

Hello,

I am attempting to convert a script that uses the wget '-i' feature to
use curl instead
because I want support for file:// URLs and another application generates the
list of what to download.

I have tried using -K and a file badboy with lines like this
(.... omitted because it is very long):

-O --url http://......./file.tar.bz2
-O --url http://......./file2.tar.bz2

$ curl -K badboy
Warning: badboy:1: warning: '-O' had unsupported trailing garbage
Warning: badboy:2: warning: '-O' had unsupported trailing garbage
curl: no URL specified!
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

If I put the '-O' after the url, output goes to stdout and wedges my terminal.
Ok, so I tried this next:

-o file.tar.bz2 --url http://......./file.tar.bz2
-o file2.tar.bz2 --url http://....../file2.tar.bz2

$ curl -K badboy
curl: no URL specified!
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

If I put the '-o blah.tar.bz2' after the url, output goes to stdout and wedges
my terminal.

I did read the FAQ, README, curl --help, curl --manual, and I just cannot
get this working. Maybe the secret was in there and I'm just too dumb to
see it. How can I do this with curl?

Thanks!

BLS