Re: HTTPS GET/POST through a proxy with authentication fails. BUG#25 related?

From: Lau, Hang Kin <hklau_at_avistar.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:52:33 -0800

>Still the "Proxy CONNECT aborted" is shown when the code thinks the
time is
>up. Feel free to help us debug it closer.

After further investigating, it seems the proxy sends back a RST after
sending "407 Unauthorized". This causes Curl_read() to fail with a 10053
error (under Windows). This scenario was not dealt with properly (not
detected as connection closed) and the request was aborted instead of
reconnecting to the proxy with the appropriate credentials.

I don't have a fix to this problem yet, any suggestions?