Re: ./configure --enable-debug ...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 14:40:16 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Jochen Hayek wrote:

> But maybe the feature that "--verbose" voids "--trace-ascii ..." could get
> described in the manual page.
>
> Or does "instead" imply exactly that:
>
> -v/--verbose
> [...]
> If you think this option still doesn't give you enough details,
> consider using --trace or --trace-ascii instead.

Nah, that's a bit too hard to figure out. We should mention it more explicit
I think.

I'll make the options -v, --trace and --trace-ascii all output a little
warning if they are used to override an earlier used verbose/trace option.
What do you think about that? Like this:

$ curl -v --trace-ascii dump curl.haxx.se -o /dev/null
Warning: --trace-ascii overrides an earlier trace/verbose option
[cut]

$ curl --trace-ascii dump -v curl.haxx.se -o /dev/null
Warning: -v/--verbose overrides an earlier trace/verbose option
[cut]