Re: --ftp-ssl-ccc-mode

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 09:28:28 +0100

Dan Fandrich wrote:
> It looks like "--ftp-ssl-ccc-mode passive" is identical to --ftp-ssl-ccc,
> so it's redundant to have both. Since there are only two options, how about
> replacing --ftp-ssl-ccc-mode with --ftp-ssl-ccc-active? The mode then
> depends on which one of the two options is chosen, while maintaining
> backwards compatibility.

I thought of that originally, but I anticipated that there would be more
modes as we find new odd servers out there. Therefore I decided to
maintain compatibility by keeping the --ftp-ssl-ccc-mode switch as it is
and use the --ftp-ssl-ccc-mode switch for future new modes. The
--ftp-ssl-ccc switch could later on be removed.

Linus