CURLOPT_RANGE reset for ftp broken in new curl ?

From: Duncan Mac-Vicar Prett <dmacvicar_at_suse.de>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:35:32 +0100

Hi guys!

Our media library broke with a curl upgrade. We use CURLOPT_RANGE to see if a
file exists for protocols not supporting globbing. After setting the range we
set it back to null.

After the upgrade, the reset doesn't seem to work anymore for ftp.

Test program attached.

What it does, it downloads content file 3 times via ftp, for the number2 it
sets the range to 2 bytes but it resets it before getting number 3.

content number 3 is 2 bytes so the reset is not working.
curl_easy_setopt( curl, CURLOPT_RANGE, NULL );

If you change the URL to http, the behavour is correct again.

Is this a known bug?

Regards
Duncan