Re: simulate post data on html form

From: Doug McNutt <douglist_at_macnauchtan.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 09:54:42 -0700

At 17:15 +0100 2/15/07, Philippe Baudry wrote:
>however, the given curl syntax doesn t return the good page ( an error page in fact) may be google protect

I once tried to create a case-sensitive Google search by post processing a returned search using curl and perl. It was a total failure because of Google's desire to run the operation itself. They simply will not allow what I was trying to do with a whole bunch of tests for browser procedures.

Somewhere along the way I was presented with a page that essentially said "you can do what you want but you'll have to join the club and pay for the privilege". I do believe that is their right and I have given up on the effort instead of signing up.

> A complete example should be the welcome. data input emulation on html pages is an important functionnality for us.

I have had more luck breaking into broker and bank web sites, for which I have legitimate access, while bypassing their ridiculous desire to have you use the least secure of all browsers - IE.

<http://macnauchtan.com/software/FinpMod/FinpMod.html> documentation
<ftp://ftp.macnauchtan.com/Software/FinpMod/FinpMod.pm> the source for the perl module
<ftp://ftp.macnauchtan.com/Software/FinpMod/Samples/> examples

are a perl module and samples of perl code which makes extensive use of the curl tool. It won't work as is because passwords and other incriminating information has been removed but it does provide numerous examples of preparing and delivering form fields to protected accounts. Developed on Mac OS neXt, runs daily on Ubuntu Linux.

--
--> Life begins at ovulation. Ladies should endeavor to get every young life fertilized. <--