Re: FTP Pret Command

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 22:15:30 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, Kai Mayfarth wrote:

> Thanks for the Tip, but it isnt working, without prefix its sende before the
> cwd command, with + prefix itīs send after the cwd command but not before
> the PASV command. Any other solution?

(top-posting makes replies hard to read)

Why is sending it before the PWD bad? But no there's no other solution that I
can think of. curl offers three different "points in time" where you can add
custom commands in the FTP command/response chain, and those have been enough
in the past.

To me, the whole PRET command looks like a kludge. Not to mention that drftpd
is the only server implementation that uses it, and their site is now gone
since they haven't paid for the domain name...