Re: curl 7.16.1: socks5 seems not to work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 10:52:21 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Manfred Schwarb wrote:

>> So, we've broken the socks5 proxy sometime during the last few releases.
>> Since you've found a version that works, how about working on getting the
>> current code to behave more like it used to back then?
>
> Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

I must've missed the part where I shot you. I asked for your help.

> Probably I'm quite an idiot. I'm trying a new version of curl instead of
> just sticking to the old one which works perfectly.

If you say so. Personally, I spend a considerable amount of my spare time on
this project and I make an effort in making it work the best possible way. I
rely on help from others to test and work on things they use and care about.

> Well, it's very easy, just 5 minute's work. Use tor (tor.eff.org), you
> can access it with socks4, socks4A and socks5.

Quite possibly, yes, but I would rather see someone who actually uses and
cares for socks support to work on this, as I'm already covered with curl work
up to my ears and I don't really need any more work put in my lap.

"Scratch your own itch" as the saying goes.