Re: curl 7.16.1: socks5 seems not to work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 21:58:29 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Manfred Schwarb wrote:

> I just tried your new version. When using a socks5 proxy, it simply seems
> not to work, it does not connect to the proxy:

So, we've broken the socks5 proxy sometime during the last few releases. Since
you've found a version that works, how about working on getting the current
code to behave more like it used to back then?

Personally, I have no socks5 proxy to test with and there are no socks5 test
cases in our test suite.