Random error

From: Paul Chapman <peplus_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:39:27 -0600

I have been using the following curl commands to retrieve historical
stock data from Yahoo for over the year.

  shell(merge("curl -d '[[tParams]]' [[tURL]]"))

I set the tParams and tURL variables to Yahoo's format for opening
and closing dates and a weekly period and the URL using SuperCard
scripting. The returned data is then stored in a field.

Up until about six weeks ago, everything worked without any problem.
Then a few weeks ago, I started to randomly get an error message.
What was strangest was that if I resent the command I eventually did
get the correct data.

The error message I receive instead of the data is the following…

"<!doctype html public "_//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/
title><style>/*

As I mentioned above, when I resend the correct data will be returned
about 80% of the time but about 20% of the time I get the error message.

I'm only knowledgeable enough to be dangerous but I infer from the
error message that it may have something to do with a transition to
new HTML version.

Can anybody guide me as to what I need to do.