Re: Behavior of -D and -c options in curl

From: imran shaik <sk.imran_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 09:06:19 -0800 (PST)

imran shaik <sk.imran_at_yahoo.com> wrote: Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:27:48 -0800 (PST)
From: imran shaik <sk.imran_at_yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Behavior of -D and -c options in curl
To: the curl tool <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>

Daniel,

  I think I got what I needed this time. Probably I didn't put up my words clearly.

>-D dumps the headers to the file as soon as they are received.

>> What is the behavior of -c when writing cookies?

>They are written to the file when the 'CURL' handle is closed, which is >at the
>end of all the redirects.

  Thats fine. But when are they read and how are they read? If 3 cookies are dumped during 2 redirects, among which the first one is a session cookie that is needed for each redirection, then how do i read that?

  Dont I need -b dumped_headers option there?How would I know how many redirects were made? How was this behaviour in older vesrsions of curl. I see that they were automatically read and parsed and sent from the dumped headers file. But now I need an explicit -b option if I am using -D. Is that true?

  In such cases -c could be better rite? As it puts everything in memory for subsequent redirects?

  thanks,
  Imran

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote: On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, imran shaik wrote:

> A small modification to my question:
> Does -D dumps cookies for each URL or at the end of handling all the URLs?

-D dumps the headers to the file as soon as they are received.

> What is the behavior of -c when writing cookies?

They are written to the file when the 'CURL' handle is closed, which is at the
end of all the redirects.

> curl -L -c "hello" http://foo.bar.com
>
> Suppose the above command follows 3 URLs seeing Location in header.
>
> I need a timeline status of the contents of "hello" file after each URL is
> followed.

Then -c won't be your friend.

It's here! Your new message!
Get   new email alerts with the free Yahoo! Toolbar.