Re: Behavior of -D and -c options in curl

From: imran shaik <sk.imran_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 04:17:55 -0800 (PST)

Daniel,

  Thanks for that reply.

  I see that the older versions(7.9.8 the oldest one I have) of curl read from the headers file without -b .

  But the newer versions(7.14) do require -b. I observed this in case of 2 or 3 redirects.

  Am I correct ? If yes, what was the need of such a change.

  Can I know what is the additional information stored with -c?

  Is only the additional information that makes -c more preferable than -D

  Also, in case of -L does -c forces all the cookies to be written at the end of all redirects?Does -D dumps for each URL or at the end of handling all the URLs?

  thanks,
  Imran

Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote: On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, imran shaik wrote:

> I would like to know the basic difference between -D and -c options when
> used to read cookies from files saved using -D or -c.

-D dumps headers and does not include all the details about cookies that -c
will. -D dumps headers to it will contain all info that the headers includes,
while -c writes cookies.

> Why is it suggested to use -c rather than -D to store cookies?

-c

> What is the behvior of these options when combined with a -L option?

-L does in no way change their behaviours.

 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.