retry doesn't work on win32?

From: Tobias Wendorff <tobwen_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:29:44 +0100

Hi there,

I'm using the win32 generic build (v7.16.0) with SSL, compiled by
Daniel Stenberg in WinXP SP2.

It seems like "--retry" doesn't work at all.
I tried this command: "curl --retry 10 http://84.187.0.223:81/"

Since I'm not running any server on port 81, it gives me
"curl: (7) couldn't connect to host"

Then it returns back to the commandline without retrying
at all. I thought, the application would be active, until the
10 retrys are finished or the server is reached...

I want to use curl to upload a file onto a server. It should
be done once a day. But sometimes, the routing to the server
is bad and it's not reachable. I've created a cronjob, which
calls curl ... but I need retrys if the server is down
(retry until server is reachable ... of course with --retry-delay).

Is it a bug in this compile only? Does it work with cygwin?
Am I doing anything wrong?

Best regards,
Tobias