RE: How to Log Error Message From

From: Art Norman <art_at_rsss.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 16:57:42 -0600

At least in a UNIX script, the return code of the last command executed
(curl or any other command) is temporarily available via the questions
mark (?). Therefore immediately after a curl command I code the
following.
"curlrc=$?"
This puts the value of the curl return code in my variable "curlrc" that
I can then store in a log file. There should be something similar in
perl. Hope this helps.
Good Luck.