Re: Graphical front-end to cURL?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:41:57 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, Daniel Beardsmore wrote:

> So the question in my mind is, if this is such a good idea, why doesn't it
> exist?

There are some that are "plain" GUI frontends:

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/10374
http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Internet-Utilities/cURL-GUI.shtml
http://urlget.sourceforge.net/

And then there are some that are more advanced HTTP/HTML mirroring tools such
as:

http://personal1.iddeo.es/andresgarci/getleft/english/

> What does anyone think?

We've also got a few questions from users in the past asking for such a thing.

I guess nobody has wanted it badly enough to do it themselves, or perhaps the
existing tools are good enough.

If you start it and announce your work and progress, I'm sure you'll get users
and fellow contributors if this sort of thing is what people want! Personally
I'm a command line person and I prefer using curl as it is or at times when
the complexity requires it - from within shell or perl scripts.