Re: Corrupted checksum when ftping a large file

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 12:37:33 -0800

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 12:36:50AM -0800, Guy Tannenbaum wrote:
> Encountering the following problem when downloading a file using a c
> application which uses libcurl's ftp:
>
> When downloading a large (> 100M) file, every once in a while, the file somehow
> gets corrupted. A file with the same size as the original gets downloaded, but
> it's checksum is different than the original.
>
> So far, attempting to reproduce this problem with the regular ftp cli on linux
> is not successful, so I'm suspecting the most likely cause is the way the
> application is using libcurl.
>
> Any ideas on how to resolve / further debug this ?

Is the app using the easy or multi interface? Is it using the multi
interface correctly? Is it multi-threaded? If so, is it using libcurl
in a thread-safe manner? Is the write callback properly using the
parameters and returning a correct value?

There are many possibilities to look into. If you want more specific
help, you'll have to show us your code.

>>> Dan