Re: Curl on HPUX 11.00

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 12:12:43 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Bill Jarrett wrote:

> I downloaded the packages built for HPUX 11.00 from The Written Word site on
> the curl download page, and installed it and its dependencies in this order:

Do note that the binary downloads we point out on the download page are
provided by helpful and friendly people and organizations that are outside of
the curl project.

> Doing it in this order seemed to satisfy all the dependencies, but curl
> errors out with "Fatal: no entropy gathering module detected" when I run the
> command curl --ftp-ssl ftp://10.201.1.11/test.txt.

That's because OpenSSL requires a decent random source to function and if it
isn't provided it fails. Apparently HPUX itself doesn't do that, or perhaps
the OpenSSL build you use have some special idea.

> I found by google searching that I had to start prngd first, so I started it
> with the command /opt/TWWfsw/bin/prngd /var/run/egd-pool. I still get the
> Fatal error.

You mean you still the very same error message?

> Any idea how to get perl (or whichever of its dependencies is unhappy) to
> recognize prngd as a entropy gathering module?

I would guess that --egd-file is what you want, or possibly --random-file. See
man page for details.