Re: Data Port connection with SSL/FTP

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:50:11 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Matthew_Ivey_at_genpt.com wrote:

You did not trim your quotes. You did not use a sensible mail subject. If
you'll continue ignoring our netiquette, I'll start ignoring your mails.

> => Send header, 6 bytes (0x6)
> 0000: PASV
> == Info: Connect data stream passively
> <= Recv header, 47 bytes (0x2f)
> 0000: 227 Entering Passive Mode (10,49,53,32,78,82)
> == Info: Trying 10.49.53.32... == Info: Timed out
> == Info: couldn't connect to host
>
> I believe this to be the problem. Would this be on the other side of things?

The server responds to PASV with a private address, so it looks severly
screwed up. Ask their admins to fix their server. You can also try using the
--ftp-skip-pasv-ip option.