Bug in cURL?? (command line w/ "--local-port" option)...

From: Scott Fletcher <fletchsod_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 18:35:46 -0800 (PST)

I couldn't get this command line to work and I'm not
sure if this is a cURL bug or not.

What I have here is the FTPS that the customer want to
use to connect to the SunTrust bank. Since the
SunTrust doesn't use the default port number for FTPS,
so I am forced to use their port number. The port
number for FTPS command port is 20021 and the port
number for FTPS data port is in the range of 20050 to
20750. The requirement is that it must be passive
mode and is explicit. Here's the command I used with
the best of my ability..

--snip--
curl -v -T "file_testcase.txt" --disable-epsv
--disable-eprt --ftp-pasv --ftp-ssl --local-port
"20050-20750" -u "***:***"
"ftp://onlinefiletransfer.suntrust.com:20021" --quote
"CWD /ARAUTOAU"
--snip--

I even throw in and/or remove those options
"--ftp-pasv" and "--disable-eprt". This doesn't solve
the problem.

The error I got no matter what is that the ftps's data
port use a different ip-address than the ftps's
command port ip-address
(onlinefiletransfer.suntrust.com".

The response I got is that port 20050 can't be used
and it start using port 20051 and then it stopped
working with no responses.

I never got it to work and I felt bad for my boss and
the customer that the problem won't be solved by
Tuesday and that I have let them down.

So, is this a curl's "--local-port" bug or did I make
a mistake with the command line. I really appreciate
your help.

Thanks,
 Scott

P.S. I cannot access my computer at work now and the
customer's machine I think is already shutdown for the
holiday. So, I won't be able to use them until Monday morning.