Re: HTTP pipelining

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 09:31:03 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006, Alex Ferenstein wrote:

> I'm testing our company's WAP2.0 Proxy so my needs aren't ordinary. I need
> to simulate HTTP Pipelining (ie. at least 2 HTTP Requests) both (i) within a
> single IP datagram and (ii) in sequential IP datagrams - within the same TCP
> Connection. Is this possible with cURL?

I guess "IP datagram" is then the equivalent of "IP packet" ?

Then no, I don't think (lib)curl can ever guarantee that they will be in the
same packet (although I guess that with the Nagle algorithm and things, they
might just end up like that anyway), but I don't think why they shouldn't be
at least in two following packets. libcurl doesn't bother (much) about IP
level details at all, it uses TCP (and UDP in one case) and leave the rest to
the TCP/IP stack of your system.

And again: pipelining is not at all possible with the command line client,
you'll need to use libcurl and write your own application for it.