Re: configure warning

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 13:45:53 -0800

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 12:52:29PM -0800, Mark Wattier wrote:
> Before I added the ansi flag, configure would fail to find
> gethostbyname. Now, configure gets this warning, and make fails with
> the message at the bottom.
>
> configure: WARNING: zlib.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: zlib.h: check for missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: zlib.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: zlib.h: section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: zlib.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
> configure: WARNING: zlib.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
> configure: WARNING: ##
> configure: WARNING: ##

--without-zlib should stop this warning. If you want zlib support, then
you'll have to figure out why it can't be compiled. Could it be that
you don't have a 64-bit version of zlib installed?

> ../include/curl/multi.h:132: error: parse error before "fd_set"

What does the configure output say when it comes to select()? What does
'grep SELECT_TYPE lib/config.h' show? Finally, what header file defines
the fd_set struct on your system, and is it included in <sys/types.h>?

>>> Dan