Re: A cross-compile problem

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 10:44:37 -0700

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 12:46:10PM -0400, Sid Chang wrote:
> Dan, thanks for the advice; I made some progress but not out of the woods yet.
> Following are the cleaned-up cfg script, configure result, and make result.
> It seemed to have passed the configure, but there are error messages at the end
> of make.
> Wonder what's causing "...could not read symbols: File in wrong format" (???).

The ld being used is called mipsel-linux-uclibc/bin/ld, but the rest of the
toolchain doesn't mention uclibc. Could you be mixing a uClibc toolchain
with a glibc toolchain by mistake? Also, it looks like you're using ccache.
Is your PATH set properly for that to work right? It really does look
to me like the toolchain is messed up somehow. You could also try adding
--enable-debug to the configure line and see if you get different results.

>>> Dan