Re: A cross-compile problem

From: Sid Chang <sid_at_adth.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:22:56 -0400

Dan, I actually went over the INSTALL doc and the CROSS COMPILE section
more than once.
The simplified cfg.sh didn't help much and some of the configure messages
are puzzling...

>configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
>configure: WARNING: invalid host type:
the host name is already the best I can come up with.

>checking build system type... config.sub: missing argument
I have no idea what's missing.

>./cfg.sh: line 8: --prefix=/usr/curl: No such file or directory
I know "/usr/curl" exists because I created it.

Following are the cfg.sh and run result:
#! /bin/sh
export PATH=$PATH:/root/work/toolchain/bin
./configure \
      --host=mipsel-linux \
      --prefix=/usr/curl \
      --disable-ares \
      --disable-cookies \
      --disable-crypto-auth \
      --disable-ipv6 \
      --enable-hidden-symbols \
      --without-libidn \
      --with-random=/dev/random

bash-2.05b# ./cfg.sh
configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
configure: WARNING: invalid host type:
checking for sed... /root/work/toolchain/bin/sed
checking for mipsel-linux-ar... mipsel-linux-ar
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for mipsel-linux-strip... mipsel-linux-strip
checking curl version... 7.15.5
checking build system type... config.sub: missing argument
Try `config.sub --help' for more information.
configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub failed
./cfg.sh: line 8: --prefix=/usr/curl: No such file or directory

Sid Chang
Atlanta DTH, Inc.
770-451-9777 ext.212 (Office)
404-513-0353 (Cell)