Re: Segmentation fault in ftps through proxy (CONNECT)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 09:56:40 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, robert wrote:

> I like use curl to connect a ftps server through a proxy (CONNECT), but
> I receive a "Segmentation fault" error.
>
> The error is located in file lib/ssluse.c in the line:
> 1716: int rc = SSL_write(conn->ssl[sockindex].handle, mem, (int)len);

> At the moment of the error the mem variable contains a pointer to string
> that contains:
>
> CONNECT yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:50004 HTTP/1.0
> Host: yyy.yyy.yyy.yyyyyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:50001
> OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.1.4
> Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
>
> I think SSL_write shouldn't write this, because one is for send data by the
> tunnel, not for establish it.

Indeed. I don't think FTPS through a HTTP proxy is working. It is funny how
you posted about this only minutes after someone else posted a very similar
mail on the libcurl list: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2006-09/0097.html

So yes, it will need a fix. I don't think Marcos' fix (in that URL) is really
working though so it might need something more, but I'm of course interested
in getting to know the results.

Possibly you could perhaps get together and try working out something.

> PD: Sorry, but my english is very poor.

I understood it perfectly!