Re: File transfer without end

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:03:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006, Ivan Boscaino wrote:

> I think the problem could be also in the clients' firewalls and we cannot
> ask them to change their settings.

Why not? The problem is then in their settings and not in yours.

> Is there a way to keep the control channel alive during the transfer?

Well, curl doesn't have any means to do it but if you work on it, you should
be able to get it to send a keep-alive command on the control connection every
now and then. I mean, you will need to add the code for it since it isn't
currently supported.

(SO_KEEPALIVE is not a viable option since it isn't fine-grained enough)