Re: Talking to a raw SSL Socket (aka TCP/IP/SSL)

From: Peter Sylvester <Peter.Sylvester_at_edelweb.fr>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:07:10 +0200

Dan Fandrich wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 02:45:07PM -0500, Raymond DeGennaro II wrote:
>
>> I have a need to talk to a raw socket (not HTTP, etc. protocol) via
>> SSL, basically text in and text back out. Can cURL handle that?
>>

> If you just need a raw socket, why do you need curl? Use use OpenSSL or
> another SSL library directly.

Sometimes the 'raw' application is behind one of those proxies that
curls handles
quite nicely. One case is a proxy with a CONNECT, many client applications
support this, since it is simple, but then there are the proxy
authentications etc.
Why not having a little spin off of curl just for the proxy parts.

--
To verify the signature, see http://edelpki.edelweb.fr/
Cela vous permet de charger le certificat de l'autorité;