Re: installing curl under windows

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 11:09:06 -0700

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 02:27:34PM +0100, ron wrote:
> Totally new to curl, trying to install it under windows (XP). I have
> downloaded curl-7.15.5 following the documentation; I think I have the right
> version. It is sitting on my desktop, but what do I do with it now? I have
> read the ?installation files? and I can?t find the file it says to run, namely
> 'mingw32.bat' to set the correct variables, this is following the instructions
> listed here (http://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html). The download I have
> doesn?t contain this file!!! What do I do? Thanks, Ron

It's unclear if you're installing curl from the source or from a binary
package. If you're a newbie, you probably want a binary package in which
case the instructions at that link won't help you (as the instructions
themselves say). Use the download wizard at http://curl.haxx.se/dlwiz/
to help you select the proper binary package to install.

If you are truly trying to install from source, it's trickier. I believe
the mingw32.bat file is part of the MingW32 compiler package.

>>> Dan