How to use curl command line to use ftps?

From: Keith MacDonald <keith_at_mailclan.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 20:45:20 +0100

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to curl, so I hope this isn't a dumb question. What is the
syntax for using a secure FTP connection?

I couldn't find any examples, so I tried the following command on a Windows
XP client:

  curl -k -v --user name:passwd ftp.host.com:22/

The response is:

  * About to connect() to ftp.host.com port 22
  * Trying ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd ... connected
  * Connected to ftp.host.com (ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd) port 22
  < SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_3.6.1p2

After that, it hangs. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Keith