Re: Download head of file

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:01:37 -0700

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 07:06:16AM +0300, Oleg Lomaka wrote:
> I've tried this. But in this case curl will stop transfer not after 2048
> bytes will be received, but when pipe will be closed and it can't write
> there next part of data. For example when i use --max-hard-filesize,
> curl gets 2353 bytes, using head - 4111.

Is a few extra bytes passed through to the app significant? Neither
method can control exactly how much data is transferred from the server,
and even --max-hard-filesize is going to return a the full data frame (which
is seldom going to exactly match the requested size). There are probably
several more KB (even hundreds of KB) in transit from the remote server
depending on the TCP window size that the app can do nothing about.

>>> Dan