RE: OpenVMS cURL won't connect SSL

From: Jochen Roderburg <Roderburg_at_uni-koeln.de>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:49:33 +0200

Zitat von Mark Ripley <markr_at_Millerslab.com>:

> Thank you - I did exactly as that page suggested, appending the
> key starting with BEGIN and ending with END to cacert.pem in [democa]
> I get the same error, but this command openssl s_client -connect
> will connect to the address that cURL won't without --insecure
>
> I've also tried curl --cert to point at the key with no success.

Maybe you better should have tried --cacert instead ? ;-)

--cacert is for server certificates, --cert is for client certificates

If the openssl connect works *without errors* then you could also point curl to
the openssl certificates directory with --capath (you must then of course find
out where this is in your openssl installation).
There seems to be no curl option to just use the openssl defaults.

Best regards,

Jochen Roderburg
ZAIK/RRZK
University of Cologne
Robert-Koch-Str. 10 Tel.: +49-221/478-7024
D-50931 Koeln E-Mail: Roderburg_at_rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
Germany