How do you convert openss s_client -connect xxxxx.com:443 |tee logfilel data to cURL certifcate input format

From: Cadima, Ron <RCadima_at_ballytech.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 13:33:27 -0700

I used this command, s_client -connect xxxxx.com:443 |tee logfile to
obtain the certificate for a particular https server of mine. I
extracted the certificate Including the Begin Certificate and End
certificate, using a hex editor, into a separate file. I then tried to
access a file on the server passing the extracted certificate data into
curl using the --cacert [file] option. It did not like it and failed the
request. I tried a few different version of the certificate without the
Begin and End Certificate and the like and still would not take. The
question is how do you extract the data from the log file ino another
file that is acceptable to cURL? I am using Linux as my OS and curl
7.15.4.

Ron Cadima

Bally Gaming and Systems Group

6601 S. Bermuda Rd.

Las Vegas, NV 89119

Phone: Office:(702)914-1074 Cell:(702)280-8129