--data-encode option

From: Mark Wold <mark.wold_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 16:29:50 -0500

I am wondering if any progress has been made for adding the --data-encode
option to the curl command line? I've been trying to use curl to "post" a
pdf file as a byte array but some of the binary information within the pdf
file keeps getting trounced on. For instance:

curl --data-binary "file=`cat file.pdf`"
http://xxx.yyy.com/cgi-bin/receiving_program

works OK. But when the PDF file has any type of stream data within it, it
gets hosed. I've programmed my receiving program on the server to make a
dumpfile of the entire query_string and I can see there that the binary
portions of the PDF file are junk.

--
MW