FTP_IGNORE_PASSIV_IP - revisited

From: Rick Romero <rick_at_havokmon.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:56:20 -0500

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue as Ed in this thread:

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-09/0129.html (good description)
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-09/0107.html (patch)

Unfortunately it looks like his patch didn't make it into libcurl, would
it be possible to revisit this issue?

The guys who run this server explicitly told me that 'they had problems
with people who ran curl'. I told them that it's because their server
was misconfigured, but it's not looking like they're going to fix it.

I have to run curl on a Windows machine, which makes recompiling a bear,
otherwise I wouldn't even bring it up. I'm sure others have run into
this, haven't reported it, and just suffered through some commercial
software.

Pretty please? It's just an option, not a default behavior. :)

Thanks,

Rick