Re: Error code interpretation

From: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:47:34 +0100

On 09/06/06, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> > Am I right in thinking that curl obtained a certificate from the server,
> > which failed to match up to the one in xpilkeys.pem ?
>
> No. You need to keep all certificates apart. There's the server certificate
> (which all servers doing SSL must have), there's a bundle a CA certs used to
> verify the server's cerficiate, and there's (optionally) a client certificate
> that the server can use to verify you.

This bundle being on the client?
The curl manual says that for windows, curl-ca-bundle.crt may be
found in the current
directory or any diretory on the path? Does this mean that --cacert does not
override this on Windows?

> > I thought I was overriding the 'standard' location for the CA cert bundle by
> > specifying the file holding the certificate? Is that right please?
>
> Yes, you can override the default CA cert path with the --cacert option. You
> used the --cert option which provides a client certificate.

My bad. sorry. trying with --cacert - same result.

I've generated a PEM 'certificate'
How can I add it to the curl 'bundle' please Daniel?

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.