RE: Troubles Posting...

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 00:01:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006, Phippen, Neil wrote:

> Thanks for the help thus far... This doesn't seem to actually submit the
> file... it says everything is well (HTTP 200) (I have tried this on a few
> file submission pages) but it does _not_ follow the submission link or
> upload any files...

Then you need to use some of the advice in the docs I mentioned before. Use
LiveHTTPHeaders and compare with --trace-ascii outputs and compare
differences. The output should confirm that the file indeed is being sent, but
the fact that the server doesn't receive it fine is probably due to other
reasons.

The formpost command line certainly does not "follow the submission link", it
just sends a POST to the given URL.

> is there another command to make the submit field process?... or does -F
> "submit=Submit" do that?

A post is a post. Adding or removing specific fields doesn't change the
request from being a post, it just adds or removes information from the
operation. But sure, the server side may very well check all fields it expects
to see that they are correctly filled in.