Re: compile curl-7.15.3: nmake -f makefile.vc fails

From: Huub Fleuren <hfl_at_home.nl>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:01:06 +0200

Daniel,
Sorry to have read your Question so much later...

it is solved allready, in the makefile[s].vc6.

Allthough a bit erroneous...

It says
==================
#USE_WINDOWS_SSPI = 1

!IFDEF WINDOWS_SSPI
!IFNDEF WINDOWS_SDK_PATH
WINDOWS_SDK_PATH = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK"
!ENDIF
!ENDIF
WINDOWS_SSPI = 1
==============

So assumably the SDK is necessary, but only if WINDOWS_SSPI is defined
(btw. the sdk = 429Mb download and 996Mb installed, and indeed
ws2tcpip.h is in there)

So if you have the SDK you can change
#USE_WINDOWS_SSPI = 1
in
USE_WINDOWS_SSPI = 1 ||||| Here is the error change it in in
WINDOWS_SSPI = 1 |||||
and set the correct path to the SDK

OR alternatively if you don't have the SDK

Use the conditional /DUSE_WINDOWS_SSPI parameter on the compile command
for a conditional define of HAVE_WS2TCPIP_H
like so in lib/config-win32.h

#if defined(USE_WINDOWS_SSPI)
#define HAVE_WS2TCPIP_H 1
#endif

instead
of simple setting it
#define HAVE_WS2TCPIP_H 1

This then works with or without platform SDK

The same counts for the ./src/makefile.vc6 and src/config-win32.h

Regards, Huub