Re: Obsolete RFCs in docs

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 13:15:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Dan Fandrich wrote:

> I noticed that the curl --manual references some RFCs that have been
> obsoleted, namely RFC2396 (now RFC3986)

This is now changed.

> RFC1738 (now RFC4248, RFC4266, RFC3986, etc.)

The particular place (where RFC1738 is mentioned) refers to how RFC1738
describes how to traverse a FTP path, and I have not found any other URI spec
describing it.

> RFC1867 (now RFC2854).

RFC2854 isn't detailing the multipart formpost details at all so it only
obsoletes a fraction of the RFC1867, so the former still serves as a better
resource for this info AFAICS.

Thanks for the heads up!