Exit Codes?

From: Art Norman <art_at_rsss.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 15:45:48 -0500

I need to test the curl "exit code" without using the verbose (-v)
option. Any suggestions?

The only time I have seen the numerical "exit code" is when I use the
verbose option. However I don't want curl to output to the screen in
production for a non-technical user (curl script runs in background for
credit card authorization app). The text for any error is in the trace
file, but I don't see the numerical exit code value in the trace file.
I need to capture and test the exit code in my script (UNIX) so that the
application can provide a user friendly message to a non-technical user.

Thanks,
Art Norman