SSL certificate problem

From: Mundy, Howard L. <howard.mundy_at_unisys.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 09:09:41 -0500

Could someone please advise me on how to resolve an SSL certificate
problem? Installation of a new SSL certificate for one expiring has
caused my curl_exec() call to fail with a curl error code of 35 (below).
My cURL calls are issued out of PHP.

        CURLE_SSL_CONNECT_ERROR (35)

        A problem occurred somewhere in the SSL/TLS handshake. You
really want the error buffer and read the message there as it pinpoints
the problem slightly more. Could be certificates (file formats, paths,
permissions), passwords, and others.

My cURL code is at level 7.10.4 and I'm planning to upgrade to 7.15.3 to
see if it will resolve the issue. Will this upgrade resolve the
problem? The new certificate must be fine because browsers have no
problem with the site, but cURL seems incompatible with it.

The error message above suggests looking at the error buffer, but can
find no information on how to access this buffer via PHP. Does anyone
know how?