RE: Https upload with curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:13:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, kanakamahesh.anasuri_at_wipro.com wrote:

> I am trying to use certificates instead of cookies.

They're hardly interchangable, are they really?

> I downloaded file correctly from /apache/htdocs/basic/download.txt from
> the curl as
>
> $curl --cacert cacert.pem https://10.201.114.32:443/basic/download.txt
> <https://10.201.114.32/basic/download.txt>

Then the CA cert works fine with your server's cert!

> I am trying to put /home/mahesh/upload.txt in to the server using curl as,
>
> $curl --cacert cacert.pem -F file=@/home/mahesh/upload.txt
> https://10.201.114.32:443/basic/

I asked you before and I can ask you again:

What is "http upload" to you? There is no single http upload method that
automatically does the right thing. HTTP features many ways to provide data
and you need to use the correct method in the client that the server expects.

If you want to do a multi-part form-post, then the above example might be what
you need. It depends on what your server expects.

> P.S: Some of my test results are as follows, which do not perform actual PUT
> operation.

Of course not, -F does a post exactly as described in the manual.

You did try reading the docs first, right?